Kootenay Living Magazine is a Kootenay based lifestyle magazine.
We are proud to represent one of the most serene landscapes in all of Canada. Our free magazine celebrates the region’s residents, our valued tourists and most remarkably the innate beauty and active lifestyle that brings us all together.
Home to some of the most environmental, innovative, entrepreneurial, adventurous and philanthropic people – Kootenay Living Magazine is a platform to celebrate all things unique and noteworthy.
- Authenticity: Transparency in our articles and superior photography represents our dedication to quality.
- Family: Interconnectivity is what makes our communities so unique – we honour these values through our stories.
- Imagery: The wild beauty that is the Kootenays warrants beautiful photography – our brilliant photographers bring stunning images to our pages in every issue.
- Integrity: Honesty in our content and with our relationships with clients is what allows our magazine to thrive.
- Adventure: Living in the Kootenays is an adventure; we highlight those adventures so you can partake.
- Informational: Our stories are genuine and our research is thorough. We aim to create unbiased stories to educate and inform our readers.
Created by locals who share a love for life here, we collaborate with talent from across the Kootenays to bring you a polished and insightful magazine four times per year.
Our publication employs an apt pool of first-class photographers, writers, editors, illustrators and graphic designers who live, work and play in the Kootenays.
Kootenay Living Magazine's readers are educated, active and proactive in their community. They are engaged and supportive of local business. They are involved and share a passion for the diverse activities, festivals and cultural opportunities. While our editorial content primarily targets 25-to 65-year-olds, our readers are of all ages and encompass a vast group of professionals, students and retirees.
Kootenay Living Magazine is printed twice a year. Approximately 8,000 locals pick up an issue of Kootenay Living Magazine, as well as up to 4,000 tourists pick up an issue. Our online presence is active, as Kootenay Living Magazine is available online for our digital readers. With both the online and printed version(with an average of 4 readers per printed version), every issue of the magazine is read by up to 50,000 people.
Kootenay Living Magazine is distributed to key locations including; hotels, golf courses, restaurants, shops, ski resorts, visitor centres, medical and legal offices, city halls, cafes and grocery stores.
Kootenay Living Magazine is showcased in over 200 businesses within the Kootenay’s regional limits ensuring that locals and tourists have easy access to our keepsake publication.
Our magazine can be picked up in the following towns: Cranbrook, Kimberley, Fort Steele, Fernie, Sparwood, Elkford, Fairmont Hot Springs, Windermere, Invermere, Radium, Golden, Creston, Rossland, Trail and Nelson.
Kootenay Living Magazine is thoughtfully distributed throughout the year, with seasonal hot spots being continuously refilled.